- Residential and Day
- 9 – 17
- SEMH, ASC, ADHD, Attachment Needs and Childhood Trauma.
- GCSEs, ASDAN, Entry Levels and Functional Skills qualifications.
- Duke of Edinburgh and John Muir Awards.
- Access to Clinical Psychology and an onsite Occupational Therapy team.
- 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' working with local community contacts for children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult.
- Links with R.E.A.L Education (Re-thinking Engagement & Approaches to Learning).
- Our Stepping into Family Living Framework provides a structured and supported way for children to move back to family living as quickly as possible and thrive.
- Sleep Right Accreditation.
- Named qualified CEOP Ambassador.
We are an independent therapeutic day and residential school in a small quiet village in Nottinghamshire.
Wings School Notts provide a broad national curriculum with subject specific classrooms and learning spaces for science, history, geography, music, food technology, information technology and horticulture.
Our 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' allows children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult to reengage in education working alongside local community groups.
The care provision at Wings Notts is made up of six purpose built homes all personalised by the children living within them. Each home has a lounge, dining room, fully equipped kitchen and a choice of shower or bathrooms. There are outdoor spaces and gardens as well as a fully equipped sports hall. Each young person has a tailored plan which focusses on each area of development including health and emotional well-being, personal safety and protection, education, identity and positive relationships. Independent living skills are also covered with the young people to ensure that they are prepared for future life.
We have a model of care called ‘Step Down to Family Living’, which aims to enable young people to move back to family living as quickly and effectively as possible.
Lead by the Registered Manager, the professional and experienced care team work closely with the young people to build up positive relationships to help them succeed. A nurturing environment and staff team allow the young people to thrive whilst at Wings and not only make great achievements, but gain lifelong experiences and memories along the way.
In addition to our educational offer, we provide a therapeutic service, with Clinical Psychology and onsite Occupational Therapy team. This is embedded across Wings Notts to provide a holistic up, multidisciplinary approach, which is child centred and solution focused. We work as a team around the child and draw on a range of evidence-based interventions that are tailored to each young person’s individual needs.
Looking for additional support? Parent Info provides support and advice to parents, with contributions from the leading experts and organisations in matters related to young people and families in a digital world. Click here.