Mill School Bury in Greater Manchester is our fantastic new school for children and young people aged from 7 -17. The purpose built state-of-the-art school provides a safe learning environment for those living with autism (ASC) and a variety of other special educational needs (SEMH). Mill School Bury motivates individuals for learning and life!
Led by an experienced and successful Head Teacher, Shazia Sarwar-Azim, Mill School Bury provides a vibrant learning space for children. Additional therapeutic support is available “in-house” including occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and therapeutic arts.
The school has an amazing Immersive Reality room which combines sounds, lights, videos, moving air and different aromas to create a huge variety of simulated atmospheres. The room emulates the physical world through the means of a digital simulated one by creating a sensory feeling and therefore creating a sensory immersion. Immersive Reality ignites the imagination and encourages creativity through interactive technology.
The space will create a stimulating, exciting and engaging environment for creative learning to take place.
• Improved performance and motivation
• Managing behaviour by re-directing through engagement and interest
• Communication skills: verbal and non-verbal
• Improving long and short term memory by giving a WOW factor
• Continuous Professional Development of staff
• A positive outlook on life and learning
• Creatinging a safe digital community
• Ability to explore and create safe environments taking risks
• Upskilling children and staff
• Children experience unique learning opportunities
• Building confidence in engaging with the real world
• Overcoming barriers and social anxieties