High Peak is a healthy, happy, safe and secure environment that makes a significant positive difference to the children within our care. We have high expectations of ourselves and our children so we can all reach our true potential. Through our nurturing and therapeutic approach we will enable all our children to leave as successful, valued and independent people.
- Demonstrate effective communication and engagement
- Display kindness and compassion
- Show equality and mutual respect
- Promote a growth and development mind-set in yourself and others
- Establish strong collaboration and teamwork
- Take individual and collective responsibility for the success of High Peak
Our ethos is based on the beliefs that:
- Young people with SEMH, ASC and other presentations can continue to develop skills and strategies that enable them to participate as independent, valued citizens, enjoying equal rights, opportunities and a good quality of life.
- An eclectic, flexible, personalized approach utilizing strengths and interests is necessary to the development of individual skills.
- Through working alongside children and young people, developing strong ‘working with’ relationships, effective strategies can be developed that enable them to contribute to, and be consulted with, on all aspects of their lives. Children and young people in our care will flourish, have fun and achieve.
- Consultation through listening to those who use the service and their representatives is key to evolving practice and provision.
- The same principles apply to the way we work together as a community of staff.
Our positive expectations are based on:
Healthy and well Prepared
Growth mindset Aiming high
Happiness Kindness and compassion
These expectations help children to develop behaviours that prepare them for adulthood and a good quality of life.
For more information view our Prospectus.