Our curriculums are individually developed around the child or young person in order for them to achieve success and gain the skills and qualifications needed for them to move on to the next phase of their life.
- Every child and young person at High Peak accesses community activities which reflects their individual interests
- At High Peak every child and young person is engaged in learning independence skills to help them move on
- Everyone has the opportunity to undertake work experience (Internal and / or external) placements.
- The children and young people at High Peak are involved in the recruitment process of new staff to support them.
- The opportunity to attend local colleges such as Reaseheath College, Macclesfield College, Marple College and the Together Trust Building Opportunities.
- The children are given the opportunity to take part in vocational programmes such as Duke of Edinburgh, Football coaching, Martial arts, Falconry and Owl therapy, Music production and Animal Care.
We will support your child/young person towards the best possible future pathway. We will work closely with you on your child`s hopes, dreams and aspirations.
We provide information, guidance and support to prepare for the next steps into the adult world. We actively promote the National Careers Service website and our young people and their parents have access to other online careers support programmes.
We are developing the exciting programme, ‘High Peak Internships’ which provides children the opportunity to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field such as Hospitality and Catering, Horticulture, Education, Motor maintenance, Care and much more.
This programme will soon be available, to both children at High Peak and children from our partner providers, with the aim to better prepare for future employment and adulthood.
Take a look at our Prospectus for more information.