Our curriculums are individually developed around the child or young person in order for them to achieve success and gain the skills and qualifications needed for them to move on to the next phase of their life.
- Every child and young person at High Peak accesses community activities which reflects their individual interests
- At High Peak every child and young person is engaged in learning independence skills to help them move on
- Everyone has the opportunity to undertake work experience placements
- The children and young people at High Peak are involved in the recruitment process of new staff to support them.
- The opportunity to attend local colleges such as Reaseheath College, Stoke-on-Trent College, Macclesfield College, Marple College and the Together Trust.
- The children are given the opportunity to take part in vocational programmes such as Duke of Edinburgh, Football coaching, Martial arts, Falconry and Owl therapy, Music production and Animal Care and therapy.
We will support your child/young person towards the best possible future pathway. We will work closely with you on your child`s hopes, dreams and aspirations.
We provide information, guidance and support to prepare for the next steps into the adult world.
Careers information is available in the Information and Guidance Centre. We actively promote the National Careers Service website and our young people and their parents have access to other online careers support programmes.
We also have an exciting programme available, our ‘High Peak Internships’ which provide young people the opportunity to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field such as Hospitality and Catering, Horticulture, Education, Motor maintenance, Care and much more. This programme is available to both young people at High Peak children and young people and those from our partner providers and aim to better prepare for future employment and adulthood.
Take a look at our Prospectus for more information.