Wings School Cumbria is committed to providing the highest standards in both Education and Care.
This is achieved by staff working together to create a safe and nurturing environment, enabling every young person to meet their potential.
Young people are supported to enjoy and achieve through access to a 24 hour curriculum tailored to individual needs. There is a focus on making positive contributions within the community.
Children and young people increase their understanding of staying safe and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Staff provide group and individual learning opportunities to enable young people to work towards living independent and successful lives.
Our aim is to create a center of excellence for the education, care and personal development of young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, with the following features:
- Applying best practice in teaching, care and managing behaviour
- Identifying and developing special abilities and strengths
- Developing self-awareness, emotional self-management and positive thinking styles
- Developing the ability to make, maintain and develop relationships
- Emphasizing formal educational attainment and nationally recognized forms of accreditation
- Following the best principles of leadership and staff development to make working at Wings an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for everyone
Take a look at our Prospectus.