- Residential and Day
- 9 – 17
- SEMH, ASC, ADHD, Attachment Needs and Childhood Trauma
- GCSEs, ASDAN, Entry Levels and Functional Skills qualifications
- Duke of Edinburgh and John Muir Awards
- Clinical Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy
- Specific DBT Therapy pathway lead by the clinical team
- 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' working with local community contacts for children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult.
- Links with R.E.A.L Education (Re-thinking Engagement & Approaches to Learning)
- Wings School Notts prides itself on offering expert support and care to children and young people who have previously found themselves involved with early County Lines activity and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE).
- ‘Step Down to Family Living’ - Which aims to enable young people to move back to family living as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Sleep Right Accreditation.
- Named qualified CEOP Ambassador.
Our school is a beautiful historic building set in extensive grounds within a small Nottinghamshire village. Both the grounds and the school buildings lend themselves to both on and off-site learning. Facilities include small nurture learning spaces, full size sports hall, and extensive grounds and playing fields.
Wings School Notts provides a broad National Curriculum with subject specific classrooms and learning spaces for science, history, geography, music, food technology, information technology and horticulture.
Our 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' allows children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult to re-engage in education working alongside local community groups.
Wings School Notts offers a gradual transition period for children and young people in order to settle them in to their new school life and residential setting.
The care provision at Wings Notts is made up of six purpose built homes all personalised by the children living within them. Each home has a lounge, dining room, fully equipped kitchen and a choice of shower or bathrooms. There are outdoor spaces and gardens as well as a fully equipped sports hall. Each young person has a tailored plan which focuses on each area of development including health and emotional well-being, personal safety and protection, education, identity and positive relationships. Independent living skills are also covered with the young people to ensure that they are prepared for future life.
Lead by the Registered Manager, the professional and experienced care team work closely with the young people to build up positive relationships to help them succeed. A nurturing environment and staff team allow the young people to thrive whilst at Wings and not only make great achievements, but gain lifelong experiences and memories along the way.
At Wings School Notts we use Sleuth to analyse and record behaviour and development of our pupils. This software sits alongside our own assessment framework that can measure the progress of our pupils in relation to the essential skills.
Here at Wings School Notts we have an onsite multi-disciplinary team of clinical psychology, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, nursing and psychiatry. Our team is highly skilled and have specialist experience working with children in the care system who present with developmental trauma, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties. A unique aspect of what we offer is our therapeutic and systemic clinical model that is embedded throughout care and school. We work as a team around the child and draw on a range of evidence-based interventions that are tailored to each young person’s individual needs.
Find out more about the therapy pathways in our Therapy brochure.