The aims and values of High Peak School are focused on maximising every individuals’ potential to develop into a confident, resilient, critical thinkers and skilled young person who will make a positive contribution to society and live as independent a life as possible.
The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values. The school constantly provides enrichment opportunities to engage and enhance learning. Enrichment opportunities provide memorable experiences and ensure there are no limits to the learning environment and a pupils’ curiosity and a thirst for new experiences and knowledge. Leaders ensure that the curriculum is designed to prepare pupils with the knowledge and skills to access the next phase of education, training or employment.
Our curriculums are individually developed around the child or young person in order for them to achieve success and gain the skills and qualifications needed for them to move on to the next phase of their life.
- Every child and young person at High Peak accesses community activities which reflects their individual interests
- At High Peak every child and young person is engaged in learning independence skills to help them move on
- Everyone has the opportunity to undertake work experience (Internal and / or external) placements.
- The children and young people at High Peak are involved in the recruitment process of new staff to support them.
- The opportunity to attend local colleges such as Reaseheath College, Macclesfield College, Marple College and the Together Trust Building Opportunities.
- The children are given the opportunity to take part in vocational programmes such as Duke of Edinburgh, Football coaching, Martial arts, Falconry and Owl therapy, Music production and Animal Care.
We provide information, guidance and support to prepare for the next steps into the adult world.
We actively promote the National Careers Service website and our young people and their parents have access to other online careers support programmes.
We are developing the exciting programme, ‘High Peak Internships’ which provides children the opportunity to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field such as Hospitality and Catering, Horticulture, Education, Motor maintenance, Care and much more.
This programme will soon be available, to both children at High Peak and children from our partner providers, with the aim to better prepare for future employment and adulthood.
For more information download the prospectus or contact the referrals team.