Key Stage 2 - What's on Offer?
- Ages 7 to 12
- SEMH, ASC, ADHD
- Outcomes include over coming barriers to learning and reintegration into education.
- Underlying focus on improving English and mathematics skills alongside the development of personal and social skills and resilience in all subjects.
- SENCO, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy and school counsellor.
- Safe and nurturing classrooms and groups with a real focus on their supporting sensory needs.
- All children are screened for their baseline phonics skill and are given the appropriate intervention depending on their need.
- KS2 trained teaching and support staff.
- Individualised and personalised timetables.
Focus on: Key Stage 2
Leaways School London School provides a safe learning environment for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties including autism and an EHC Plan.
We aim to offer as close to a mainstream experience as possible but provide the additional care and support needed around each young person to enable them to thrive.
Our primary school class sizes are small, with no more than 5 children in one classroom. The rooms are decorated with soft primary specific furnishings, soft play, Lego, tents, fidget toys and books. The space is set apart from the main school and therefore feels quiet and nurturing with a focus on supporting the sensory needs of the children. Every room has a sensory box with sensory play equipment available for use at any time.
All our primary children are initially screened for their baseline phonics skill and are given the appropriate intervention depending on their need.
Our specialist primary curriculum is tailored to the children’s individual needs and based on a person-centred planning framework. There is an underlying focus on improving English and mathematics skills alongside the development of personal and social skills and resilience in all subjects. We have implemented a differentiated and modified National Curriculum it is intended that Leaways School will:
- Cater for the specific needs and learning difficulties of individual children as described in their EHCPs, by providing teaching and learning opportunities at an appropriate level.
- Optimise the communication skills of all children.
- Engage children’s’ interests in personal development and encourage a thirst for learning
- Create a positive learning environment where children can work safely.
- Allow children to interact and learn from each other.
- Allow all children to reach their full potential and achieve their own personal success.
- Give children opportunities to develop their key skills.
The teaching staff and support staff are all specifically trained in Key Stage 2 and supporting young people with additional complex needs on a daily basis. We also have staff in the primary school who have received Occupational Therapy training.
All of the children have access to the specific therapeutic pathway lead by the clinical team with input from a SENCO, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and school counsellor if needed.
The main aim and overall focus of our primary group is to fill the gaps in a child's learning and development. Supporting children to understand routine, structure, enjoy playing games, be able to turn take, form meaningful relationships, develop self-confidence and self-esteem and discover and reignite a passion for learning.
Leaways School welcomes visitors. To find out more or to arrange a visit, please contact our referrals team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 024 698