What can Silverways School offer?
Read About Our Offer
View Our Prospectus
- A specially designed learning environment created to meet sensory needs.
- A low arousal and nurturing safe place where children can learn and grow.
- Small class sizes of no more than six children.
- Each class is supported by a teacher and a teaching assistant.
- Classrooms will be ‘enabling environments’ with sensory lighting, muted colours, individual workstations and visual timetables.
At Silverways we value the holistic development of the child. Importance is given to developing the children’s social skills, self-confidence, character and resilience as well as following the National Curriculum. Opportunities to acquire life skills are embedded throughout their time at Silverways.
The school offers children opportunities to learn outside the classroom, making good use of the sensory circuit in the playground as well as accessing local facilities. Silverways School has close connections with St Andrews Church and has been built on church land. The school will equip children for adulthood and prepare them for the world of work and college, through access to career services, work experience and access to further education.
The school is supported by a clinical team, including Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy embedded within the school day.
Through close partnerships with families, professionals and the wider community, Silverways School ensures children who attend the school can thrive and make good progress.