Securing Education in Schools Worker
£19,000 – £22,000
Closing date: 16/01/2020
Interview date: 21/01/2020
We are currently recruiting for a Securing Education in Schools Workerto work in our Arc School Ansley. We are an independent day school near Nuneaton for children and young people aged between 11 and 16 who have social, emotional & behavioural problems. The school supports pupils with various educational and social needs, some of which are associated with the challenges of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, attachment disorder, autism, dyslexia and dyspraxia.
Key roles and responsibilities:
To be the responsible for the education of children in the school who may struggle to access an onsite curriculum, encouraging a return to the school site with strategies to cope.
Work on and off the school site with clear timed plans with students, communicating with transparency to all stakeholders. The curriculum will be a a social and academic programme and all students will have a clear expectation of a return to full time education on the school site
· To improve behaviour and attendance across the school by leading and implementing effective policies and practices that encourage engagement with education
· To provide leadership and support to relevant staff on student support/inclusion matters, including learning mentoring, behavioural and pastoral support, and/or welfare support.
· To take a role in developing and implementing policy, practice and procedures in relation to student support/social inclusion, and to monitor, evaluate and review the effectiveness of this plan.
· To liaise with support services inside and outside of the School, ensuring students have access to a range of agencies, activities, and organisations, etc.
· To identify appropriate resources for Student Support/Social Inclusion services, including internal/external funding opportunities, and to ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively.
· To participate in identifying students in need of support and creating appropriate learning/behaviour support plans.
· To develop, organise and/or participate in a variety of student support initiatives and events, e.g. anti-bullying campaign, study support club, etc.
· To strive to achieve active family involvement in students’ progress in the School.
· SEN and School experience
· To have a clear understanding of the National Curriculum and its application.
· A knowledge of strategies that enable the teacher to teach mixed ability pupils within the same class and provide work which is differentiated to cater for the entire ability range.
· A strong and successful track record in working with challenging behaviours to achieve positive outcomes
· Knowledge and understanding of an all through Curriculum and its application
· To be able to develop a creative curriculum
· To motivate and inspire pupils
· An understanding of team work
· A clear understanding of safeguarding in an environment that has vulnerable and potentially exploited individuals and families.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.