Care Workers, Support Workers Required – Heysham, Lancaster
Do you enjoy working with young people?
Do you want to make a difference by supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes in their lives?
Are you able to work as part of a team to provide care and support for young people who are living away from home?
Due to company growth we are looking for staff to join our team of Residential Support Workers. You will play a key part in the development and wellbeing of the Young People at our small 5 bed children's home in Heysham, Lancashire. And in return will be supported to progress in your career.
Key Roles / Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- Providing levels of care and support appropriate to the general needs of the children and those as outlined in their Statements of Special Educational Needs and their Care Plans
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in accordance with Kedleston Group ‘Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy’
- Establishing warm, caring and professional relationships with the children in your care.
- Providing organised and structured recreational clubs and activities for the development of the children
- Being a Key Worker for a child or small group of children offering appropriate levels of support, guidance and care
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and reviews relating to individual children or groups of children
- Successfully completing all training and qualifications in accordance with organisational and regulatory requirements
Ideally we require candidates who have experience working within similar settings or who have worked within NHS / Independent sector CAMHS services and hold the NVQ 3 / Diploma Children and Young People. However, we will also be interested in hearing from you if you have a genuine interest in working with young people and feel you have the skills to enrich their lives.
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
You will also be required to hold a full Uk driving license