Maths and Science Teacher
We are currently recruiting for a Maths and Science Teacher to work in our Leaways School in Clapton. Leaways School provides a safe learning environment for pupils struggling with social, emotional and mental health problems (SEMH), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), opposition defiance disorder, conduct disorder or foetal alcohol syndrome. We also have a separate specialist area to support young people on the autistic spectrum (ASC) and a Primary unit.
Key roles and responsibilities:
· identify the needs of assigned students through formal and informal assessments
· confer with general education teachers regarding the educational, social, emotional and physical needs and objectives of each student
· plan, develop and implement individualised learning plans for each student
· design appropriate teaching strategies
· prepare instructional materials and lesson plans according to Individual Educational Plans (IEPs)
· review IEPs with parents, school administrators and general education teachers
· monitor, evaluate and document each student's progress utilising appropriate measurements and assessment devices
· To help develop and implement the maths and science curriculum with the subject leads and with any teacher or individual who is allocated to the subject area.
· Maintain a current knowledge of special education best practices and trends
· Ensure that the classrooms/work areas are fit for purpose and health and safety compliant
· Take part in ‘out of the classroom learning to expand the curriculum offer in the subject area and enhance the experience of learning for the students
· Report on student progress and use the schools assessment process to ensure that all students are able to progress at the expected flight path. Identify, inform and request intervention where students are not able to progress in the subject area
· Follow suitable and relevant accreditation where possible including GCSE and Btec qualifications
· Deliver maths and science programme across the school. Intervene and inform where individualised interventions are required.
· Tutor a small group of students as allocated by the SLT
· Work alongside teachers across the schools to embed core learning in all curriculum areas
· Be aware and proactive in regards to new initiatives and curriculum changes across the school
· Be fully aware of the role of the DSL within the school and implementing the school safeguarding policy at all times
A full job description and person specification is available upon request.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Reference ID: LW030