Title: Site Manager
Location: Leaways School
We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager to work in our Leaways School in Clapton. Leaways School provides a safe learning environment for pupils struggling with social, emotional and mental health problems (SEMH), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), opposition defiance disorder, conduct disorder or foetal alcohol syndrome. We also have a separate specialist area to support young people on the autistic spectrum (ASC) and a Primary unit.
Key roles and responsibilities:
· Work with the Group HSEM to ensure proactive and reactive maintenance is delivered in a timely manner
· Be responsible for the security of the site.
· Be responsible for the cleaning of the site
· Be required to work independently using their own initiative to overcome problems
· After training assist in the monitoring and testing of building systems to ensure the school meets its legal obligations under regulatory compliance
· Undertake some driving duties to assist in the delivery of visits and site logistics
· At all times adhere to good safeguarding procedures and practice.
· From time to time be required to work some unsociable hours
· Be required to support the site teams at other London schools
· Building and maintenance experience (preferably apprenticeship served in construction)
· Ability to complete basic maintenance and refurbishment including painting and decorating
· Understanding of buildings control
· Understanding of regulatory compliance in public building
· Health and safety aware (preferably with certification)
· Flexible working approach
· Empathy with young people with SEN and behavioural challenges
· Drivers licence
· Experience of working within a budget and procuring cost effective contractual work
· Experience of overseeing and managing refurbishment projects within buildings
· Experience of managing contractors including cleaners
· Enthusiasm and a desire to maintain a fit for purpose and ~wow factor~ site
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.