Cheam, Greater London
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team. The Teaching Assistant will be working in our independent day school, Brookways, based in Cheam, Greater London. Brookways is an independent special school for children with autism and additional special educational needs and mental health challenges. Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The Teaching Assistant will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· To support classroom teachers in the delivery of classroom lessons and related educational activities so that students make expected or better progress academically, socially and emotionally.
· To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
· To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
· To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
· To promote the interests and ensure the safety and well-being of students in accordance with good practice and the policies and procedures of the school
· To manage delegated tasks at Brookways, as defined by senior staff.
· To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
· To represent Kedleston and the school positively at all times by reflecting its mission statement, core philosophy and ethos and by reflecting good educational practice.
A detailed breakdown and job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Evidence of successfully working with young people
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. kedlestongroup.com