Location: Wings School Notts
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: 21 Feb 2020
Interview date: 26 Feb 2020
We are currently recruiting for a Cleaner at our Wings Notts School in Newark to maintain high levels of domestic cleanliness to ensure safe and comfortable school facilities for the young people and staff.
Roles and responsibilities
· Cleaning to a high standard the area or areas delegated by the Housekeeping Manager. These areas include: School building, on site residential homes and on site external buildings.
· Storing safely all cleaning materials at the end of the duty period in the appropriate storage facility.
· Participating in thorough ‘Spring Cleaning’ of allocated areas during School holidays.
· Adhering to good health and hygiene practices.
· Assisting in the serving up of food.
· On occasion, when required by the Housekeeping Manager, and / or to cover for absent colleagues, to assist the Cook with the preparation and cooking of food.
· Preparation of the room for meals, ensuring tables, chairs, floors and walls are clean.
· Assisting in the clearing up of the room after the meal has been eaten.
· Exercising care in the use of all equipment used.
· Reporting damage, faults and repairs necessary to the Housekeeping Manager.
· Participating in arrangements for your Induction, supervision, training and development.
· Undertaking qualifications deemed necessary by the Housekeeping Manager/ Principal/ Registered Manager to fulfil the requirements of the post.
· Reviewing your own methods of care and support.
· Participating in the safeguarding of all the children and ensuring that Wings Education Limited Child Protection Policy is adhered to.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.