Title: Deputy Homes Manager
Location: Wood Grove Children’s Home, Colchester
RESPONSIBLE TO: REGISTERED HOMES MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS: NVQ3 Working with Young People essential, NVQ5 (to be acquired within agreed time scales)
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Homes Manager to work in our Children’s Home, Wood Grove. Our home is set in a quiet residential street in Colchester, Essex and offers a safe and caring environment where we provide opportunities for children and young people aged between 11 and 18 with a range of special educational needs to achieve to their best ability.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Main Purpose of Job:
To assist the Manager in the effective and efficient management of the home.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· In the absence of the Registered Manager, to be responsible for all administration/child care functions at the home
· To assist the Registered Manager to promote good child care practice within the home
· Day to day supervision and guidance of staff regarding standards of care in line with the regulations for Children’s Homes, quality standards, company policy and procedures and other relevant legislation
· To play a significant role in supervision of Team Leaders and Key Workers encouraging them to be responsible for and accountable to senior staff in ensuring effective assessment monitoring, planning and evaluating for each child takes place.
· To ensure that full and complete casefile records for young people are maintained and that good decisions are made and carried out in order to support the child.
· To assist the Registered Manager in ensuring specific plans are carried out.
· To demonstrate good child practices in one’s own direct work with children to provide a model for other staff members.
· To be directly involved in Case Conferences, Reviews and Planning Meetings and to chair meetings as required or requested
· To compile written reports as and when necessary.
· To actively seek the views and opinions of children and provide a platform from which they can be heard.
· To help other staff to compile reports and encourage them to involve the children in reviews.
· To assist the Registered Manager in ensuring specific administrative tasks are performed accurately:
· To carry out any specific tasks as delegated by the Registered Manager.
· To monitor and assist other staff members in carrying out their administrative duties.
· To assist the Registered Manager to manage and control all financial budgets allocated in the home.
· To assist the Registered Manager in the management of the staff team in a manner which maximises their output and enables them to achieve their potential:
· To assist in the process of identifying training needs within the team and participating in enabling these needs to be met.
· To participate in appropriate Training and take responsibility for identifying own additional training needs.
· To prepare for and participate in staff meetings and organise these staff meetings in the absence of the Registered Manager to maintain the usual structure.
· To be responsible for preparing working rotas which utilise staff resources most effectively in line with the needs of both children and staff.
· To be responsible for previously agreed formal supervision of some staff and to assist the Registered Manager in informal supervision of staff.
· To play a significant role in the induction and initial support of new staff.
· To be involved in the recruitment and selection of new staff members
· To perform any other reasonable task that the Registered Manager may ask from time to time.
· To work to a flexible rota that meets the needs of the home and on occasion perform sleeping-in duties as required
· To complete out of hours On-call duties
· The Kedleston Group is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people in our care. All staff have a key role and responsibility in this area.
· To perform the role of Designated Safeguarding Officer, acting as a source of advice on child protection matters and for co-ordinating action within the Home.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.