Night Care Worker
Salary : Unqualified rate £18,396 - Qualified £21,032
Hours: On rota – on average 40 hours per week.
We are currently looking to recruit a Night Care Worker to work in our residential school. We are looking for staff to join our team of Residential Care Workers. You will play a key part in the development and wellbeing of the Young People at Wings School, Kirklington and in return will be supported to progress in your career.
Key roles and responsibilities(Including but not limited to):
- Providing levels of care and support appropriate to the general needs of the children and those as outlined in their Statements of Special Educational Needs and their Care Plans
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in accordance with Wings ‘Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy’
- Establishing warm, caring and professional relationships with the children in his / her care.
- Providing organised and structured recreational clubs and activities for the development of the children
- Being a Key Worker for a child or small group of children offering appropriate levels of support, guidance and care
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and reviews relating to individual children or groups of children
- Successfully completing all training and qualifications in accordance with organisational and regulatory requirements
Ideally we require candidates who have experience working within similar settings or who have worked within NHS / Independent sector CAMHS services and hold the NVQ 3 / Diploma Children and Young People. However, we will also be interested in hearing from you if you have a genuine interest in working with young people and feel you have the skills to enrich their lives.
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you.
At Wings we are committed to our staff development and promoting a good work life balance. We therefore provide our staff with:
- Regular in-house training focusing on your individual interests / areas of development
- Allowance for sleep in duties
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Competitive salary
- 240 Hours Holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- Strong staff support network in a well-established team
- The opportunity to attend a variety of enrichment activities with the Young People
- Employee Assistance Programme
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.