Deputy Head Teacher – Olsen House School, Crosby Liverpool
- Up to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 41 hours per week
- Application deadline - 18 January 2021 (applications must be submitted by midnight on 17th January via the website)
As Deputy Head Teacher you will secure excellent learning progress and outcomes for all children and young people as well be responsible for line managing and developing core subject teachers.
Through exceptional quality assurance and performance management you will promote and develop the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
Other responsibilities include pastoral care and behaviour management, curriculum forward planning, timetable construction, data analysis and development, assessment, recording and reporting.
You will oversee CPD and induction for your team and be expected to lead whole staff and subject meetings.
You will be an effective communicator who is highly skilled at building, developing and maintaining effective relationships with parents, staff and all members of the school and wider community to enhance the education of all children and young people.
As a DSP for the setting, you will be responsible for monitoring the consistent development and delivery of policy and operational practice across the school ensuring the safety, health and welfare of staff, children and young people at all times.
- Qualified Teacher Status, preferably aspiring to NPQH
- Successful leadership and management experience, preferably in a similar setting
- Demonstrable secondary level teaching experience, preferably with children and young people with ASC and SEMH needs
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- Previous involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning
- Experience of curriculum development
- Evidence of CPD and knowledge of current issues in education
- Experience of working effectively with vulnerable children and young people
- Strong data analysis skills and a solid understanding of school finances/financial management
Olsen House School is part of the Kedleston Group. We are an independent specialist day school in Crosby village, for children and young people aged between 9 and 17.
Our experienced team is dedicated to providing outstanding education to children and young people a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition, who may have many associated needs such as; social, emotional and mental health needs, communication needs and cognition and learning needs.
Many of our young people have experienced significant difficulties in mainstream school as a result of their associated social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We support our children and young people through specialist teaching and intervention including a range of therapeutic supports.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and other benefits including enhanced contributory pension scheme for qualified teachers, comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities, refer-a-friend rewards, perks at work, employee assistance programme, birthday treats, employee of the month awards, cycle to work scheme.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.