Location: Uxbridge Head Office (Some Home Working allowed)
Candidate must live no further than 1 hours commute to our London School and Head Office
Head office - Uxbridge
London School - Silverways (Enfield) / Leaways (Hackney) / Brookways (Sutton) / Fernways (Windlesham)
Purpose of Role: This is an opportunity to join our team of IT support staff, providing support to schools and children’s homes in the Southern region and occasionally beyond. If you have experience in IT support and a passion for providing excellent friendly support, then this role may be for you.
This full-time role comes with a relatively high degree of autonomy, with the right candidate able to manage their own workload and liaise with our settings daily to help fix, assist and solve computer related issues. You will be supported by the Group IT Manager and be required to escalate issues when needed, whilst maintaining an approachable, easy-going demeanour and a positive, hard-working attitude.
Your own car and driving license are essential.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a friendly service to all settings and their staff.
- Be the first point of contact for IT technical support to your assigned settings.
- Work independently to provide technician support to your assigned settings.
- Resolve, advise and assist the setting with any IT issues that arise.
- Carry out the requests and duties as directed by the Group IT Manager, when needed.
- Work alongside existing technicians and further develop your understanding of the role.
- Occasionally visit settings to perform call out jobs.
- Perform regular maintenance and checks at settings remotely.
- Help to process the company’s continuing workload via the company’s helpdesk, email, phone or in person.
- Remotely resolve issues using the company’s remote access software to assist settings.
- Provide occasional 1st line telephone support for all of the group’s settings and holiday cover for other team members.
- Keep the assigned settings asset register up to date.
- Installation and configuration of new hardware and software.
- Maintaining your assigned settings intranet (Sharepoint).
- 6-12 months in a support IT environment.
- Industry recognized or relevant qualification.
- Positive and effective working relationships with clients / settings.
- Working in schools or education preferable but not essential.
- Technical Problem solving and fault finding.
- General network troubleshooting.
- Have an excellent demeanour. Display good understanding and patience.
- Enthusiasm for providing good service in IT.
- Have a good attendance record.
- Have good written and communication skills.