Do you want to make a difference by supporting young people to achieve positive outcomes in their lives?
Are you able to work as part of a team to provide care and support for young people who are living away from home?
High Peak School is a residential school providing 52 week provision for young people aged 8 to 18 years with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and we are looking for caring, compassionate and dedicated staff to join our team of Child Care Workers.
Reports to: Registered Manager/Head of Care/House Manager
The post holder will be responsible for Supporting the House Manager and Deputy House Manager in ensuring the effective leadership of the house when on duty, such that it is organised, and managed in a manner that delivers the best possible child care.
Ensuring a high standard of care and support is available to each child when on duty and that all child care practices in place meet the requirements of current legislation and the expectations of the inspecting regulatory bodies.
Responsibilities and Professional Duties:
- Supporting the House Manager and Deputy House Manager in ensuring the effective leadership of the house when on duty, such that it is organised, and managed in a manner that delivers the best possible child care.
- Ensuring a high standard of care and support is available to each child when on duty and that all child care practices in place meet the requirements of current legislation and the expectations of the inspecting regulatory bodies.
- To provide cover for the absence of House and Deputy House Managers as required by the Registered Manager.
- Participating in the safeguarding of all the children and ensuring that High Peak Education Limited Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is adhered to.
- Promoting and ensuring the general health, safety and welfare of the staff and children and ensuring adherence to High Peak Education Ltd Health and Safety Policy, and contributing to High Peak Education Ltd Risk Assessment programme.
- Attending meetings of staff and young people under the direction of the Registered Manager / Head of Care / House Manager.
- Taking an active role in the induction and training of care workers, in consultation with the House Manager and Training and Development Team; and in particular working with House / Deputy House Managers to promote safe practices in positive handling.
- Participating in the recruitment and selection of members of the care team by hosting Care Worker visits and providing feedback to members of the Leadership Team.
- Collaborating with the Leadership Team and Team Teach Instructors in implementing and monitoring relevant aspects of High Peak Education Ltd’s Behaviour Management: Policy, Procedures and Guidance.
- Participating in preparing and reviewing Placement Plans under the direction of the House Manager / Deputy House Manager.
- Maintaining detailed records and logs pertaining to the above areas.
- Undertaking the role of Deputy House Manager from time to time, under the direction of the Registered Manager / Head of Care.
- Undertaking other duties as may be determined from time to time by the Registered Manager / Head of Care.
- To adhere at all times to the GSCC Codes of Practice.
(a) Participating in arrangements for his / her induction, supervision, training and development.
(b) Successfully completing all training and qualifications in accordance with organisational and regulatory requirements.
(c) Reviewing his / her own methods of care and support.
- Participating in your own Appraisal arrangements.
At High Peak we are committed to our staff development and promoting a good work life balance. We therefore provide our staff with:
- Regular in-house training focusing on your individual interests / areas of development
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Competitive salary
- 240 Hours Holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- Strong staff support network in a well-established team
- The opportunity to attend a variety of enrichment activities with the Young People
Ideally we require candidates who have experience working within similar settings or who have worked within NHS / Independent sector CAMHS services and hold the NVQ 3 / Diploma Children and Young People.
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with Young People then we would love to hear from you. Applications can be made through our website or by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.