Post title: School Chef
Setting: Arc School Napton
Salary: £17,982 - £19,080 actual salary
Contract: Term Time Only (39 week academic year plus 6 weeks holiday)
Arc School Napton is seeking to appoint a School Chef.
Main Roles and Responsibilities include:
- To plan, prepare, cook and serve food to meet the cultural needs and interests of the young people, staff, parents and visitors. To provide for the individual dietary needs of young people, staff and visitors.
- Cater for any special one off requirements including occasional school functions, i.e. Awards events.
- To meet all statutory requirements for Ofsted and Local Authority Hygiene inspections to include daily cleaning & waste management, weekly and monthly cleaning and monitoring tasks.
- To promote and participate in a positive approach to Health and Safety in the delivery of all Arc School Napton’s catering operations.
- Place food orders, receive deliveries, store all food appropriately and carrying out stock taking and completing stock rotation.
- Manage the food budget in discussion with line manager.
- To keep abreast of new initiatives, systems and regulations through regular training
- To produce a termly menu plan for the school and home in conjunction with the school council.
- Provide supplies for the successful delivery of food technology and vocational hospitality
Arc School Napton located in Warwickshire, offer a bespoke environment which benefits children whose special educational needs cannot be met in a mainstream setting. The primary school provides a safe learning environment for children and young people with educational and social needs which are associated with the challenges of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), attachment disorder (AD), autism (ASC), dyslexia and dyspraxia.
We aim to;
- accept making mistakes as an important part of learning
- acknowledge that everyone has their own strengths and needs
- ensure that the needs of children are fully addressed, that in the right environment they can participate fully and have the ability to succeed in life.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. Our schools and homes support children and young people living with social, emotional and mental health problems (SEMH) and specific learning difficulties, which affects their learning and ability to do everyday things. Our dedicated autism (ASC) schools work with young people who are high functioning and have associated needs such as mental health problems, attention deficit hyperactive disorder and learning difficulties. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
- Ongoing opportunities for continued professional development and training
- A friendly, passionate and committed team of colleagues
- Employee perks:
- cycle to work scheme
- discounts on shopping and cinema tickets
- birthday treats
- employee of the month award
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour, meet the requirements for the role and share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Note for recruitment agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!