At Kedleston Group, our vision is simple, every provision we operate will be recognised as ‘outstanding’ in every way.
We will never be the biggest, but we will lead, and others will follow.
About the role:
As Outdoor Education Lead at Wings Notts School, you will be an integral part of our team who put the children and young people at the heart of everything we do. We are looking to appoint an experienced, motivational, and driven professional who will be responsible for the development of two key components of our educational offer:
- An Outdoor Education programme which provides adventurous activities for personal development and leads to awards and qualifications in its own right.
- A programme of opportunities for Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) which connects learning planned for delivery in school with activities in our grounds, our locality or further afield, where you will lead or support others in delivering the experiences.
For this role, we are looking for someone who holds QTS, along with qualifications to be able to deliver specific aspects of Outdoor Education such as orienteering, rock climbing, water-based activities, mountain biking or hill walking. Ideally you will have experience of working with children with SEND and ASC, and have a proven ability to deliver high quality, lively and effective teaching, which engages and motivates young people, you’ll be someone who has a passion for supporting them to learn and develop, and you’ll want to make a difference to the lives and education of our children and young people.
We would love to hear from you if you share our passion and commitment to developing confident and capable young people by meeting their educational, health and social care needs in structured, nurturing school and home provisions
Why work for us?
- a competitive salary and generous annual leave entitlement
- a comprehensive induction programme so you can hit the ground running
- continued professional development and training
- contributions to your pension
- a friendly, passionate team committed to getting the best outcomes for our young people
- £500 refer-a-friend bonus
- OFSTED bonuses
- life assurance/death in service 2 x salary
- cycle to work scheme and laptop loans
- discounts on cinema trips, electronics, fashion, home and garden, travel, groceries, gifts, utilities, health and fitness
- birthday treats
- long service and employee of the month awards
- employee assistance and counselling service, wellbeing support and advice
- optional flu jab
Wings School Notts, part of Kedleston Group Limited, is an independent specialist day school and children’s home in Newark for children and young people aged between the ages of 9 and 17. Children who have social and emotional needs (SEMH), autism (ASC), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), attachment needs, childhood trauma or other specific learning difficulties thrive at Wings School Notts and we have received four 'Outstanding' Ofsted Social Care gradings in a row, with Ofsted saying "The children’s home provides highly effective services that consistently exceed the standards of good."
We look for people to join our staff team who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You will be expected to engage in annual safeguarding training, be familiar with key policies and ensure you know the steps to take should be made aware of a safeguarding or child protection concern. You will remain vigilant and act swiftly if you have concerns about a child and be an appropriate role model for both children and colleagues at all times.
The successful candidate is required to provide references and will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.