Brookways School, London is looking for a Deputy Head Teacher.
The role is focussed on teaching and learning, curriculum, assessment, progress and outcomes and is responsible for line managing core subject teachers.
Aspiring to headship, the Deputy Head Teacher will:
- deputise for the Head Teacher when s/he is off site
- provide strategic leadership and management
- lead and manage students’ attainment and progress
- lead and manage staff, the curriculum, learning and teaching, and behaviour for learning
- hold responsibility for financial and resources leadership and management through the SLT
- ensure effective management of resources and premises
- provide leadership and management of the school within its community
- be the deputy safeguarding lead
This role reports to the Head Teacher and is a key member of the School Leadership Team.
At Brookways we are experienced in working with young people who have been out of education for a period of time, or who have become school phobic. We pride ourselves on the support we give for reintegration back into school and provide young people with opportunities to develop friendships.
Our school provides a safe learning environment for students living with autism (ASC), mainly Asperger’s Syndrome and higher functioning autism, who also face other challenges such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia and pathological demand avoidance (PDA).
Our vision is to create the highest standard of autism education provision so that the most vulnerable young people are given the best opportunities to learn and grow through the:
- Best environment
- Best teachers and support staff
- Best experiences
- Regular in-house training focusing on your individual interests and areas of development
- Staff benefits (refer-a-friend, employee assistance, discounts, birthday vouchers, employee of the month award)
- Enhanced pension contribution for eligible qualified teaching staff
- Strong staff support network in a well-established team
- The opportunity to attend a variety of enrichment activities with the children
You will be a highly resilient and inspirational leader, who is able to articulate clear strategic vision and moral purpose focused on providing high class education and creating an ethos within which all staff are motivated, empowered and supported to develop their own skills and knowledge to carry the vision and values of the school forward.
You will be an experienced line manager with considerable experience of staff and team management, leadership and development and of holding all staff accountable for their professional conduct and practice.
You will be comfortable with supporting the formulation of budgets and experienced in the effective utilisation, monitoring and evaluation of budgeted resources to ensure maximum impact on learning and achievement and value for money.
You will be highly skilled and experienced in working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build and maintain positive working relationships and open channels of communication.
- QTS and degree (essential), NPQH (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of education and schools systems nationally as well as of School self-evaluation, Improvement Planning/Implementation
- Experience of contributing to and/or leading on ‘Teaching, Learning and Assessment’ at whole school level
- Demonstrable experience of teaching and working with students with Autism Spectrum Condition
- Highly developed people leadership, management and development skills
- Experience of partnering with other stakeholders in the internal and wider communities
- A sound understanding of safeguarding procedures and the particular issues faced by schools for students with Autistic Spectrum Condition
Kedleston Schools Limited (“Kedleston”) is the parent company of Brookways School London. It is an independent organisation which owns and operates a group of schools/homes for children with a range of special educational needs. Kedleston’s vision is to become the most respected provider of specialist schooling in the country.
Kedleston Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our students at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.