Mill School Bury is a new specialist independent day school in Bury supporting children and young people aged between 7 and 17 across Key Stages 2, 3 and 4.
Our purpose-built school is specially designed to provide the optimum environment for learning and to best support young people with autism (ASC) who also face other challenges such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and attachment disorder (AD) along with children affected by social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
All of our children have Educational Health Care plans (EHCP) and others are assessed in partnership with their local authorities through our Special Educational Needs team.
Therefore, we are looking for a Qualified Maths Teacher who is dynamic, creative and will work exceptionally hard to meet the personalised needs of our children. They will lead, manage and train other teachers in delivering Maths GCSE/functional skills and share their subject knowledge. The post holder will have high expectations of the children ensuring they reflect on the children’s needs to ensure progress is being made both academically, socially, and emotionally. They will deliver lessons in the secondary sector and teach English, Design Technology, Art, computing and Humanities and a host of interest lead subjects.
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated Maths Teacher with energy and enthusiasm to stimulate children and teachers to achieve beyond their expectations?
The successful candidate will:
· have experience of working with children with ASC/SEMH
· teach maths GCSE and functional skills
· be outstanding classroom practitioner or have evidence of consistently good practice and it working towards outstanding
· work with a genuine child-centred approach;
· have a strong commitment and proven track record in driving forward the progress of all abilities to succeed;
· be organised and creative;
· have high aspirations in raising achievement;
· enjoy a collaborative style approach to working and learning;
· have a good understanding of teaching and learning
· have great subject knowledge of the Primary and Secondary Math Curriculum
· have an understanding of metacognition and uses this to plan for progress
· have a good sense of humour.
We can offer you:
· a warm, friendly school where children are at the heart of what we do;
· brilliant, committed and collaborative staff team and governors;
· a challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference;
· opportunities for further development and training;
· a good school which has a commitment to working with parents and the community.
If you are ready for a new and exciting challenge and you would like to join us on the next stage of our journey, then we would love to hear from you.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.