Silverways School in Enfield, London provides specialist support for children with autism and associated needs in a carefully designed environment.
The school has been developed to accommodate sensory needs and create the best setting for children to learn and achieve their potential.
What can Silverways School offer?
- A specially designed learning environment created to meet sensory needs.
- A low arousal and nurturing safe place where children can learn and grow.
- Small class sizes of no more than six children.
- Each class is supported by a teacher and a teaching assistant.
- Classrooms will be ‘enabling environments’ with sensory lighting, muted colours, individual workstations and visual timetables.
The team at the school realise the importance of working in partnership with families from the very beginning. They have developed a thorough assessment, application and transition process which fully involves parents/carers and their children from the start of a placement. Let’s check in with a parent who has some positive words to say about their experience so far...
"I have just finished reading the Silverways School Welcome Pack. I must say that it is extremely well put together. In fact it was exciting to read and look through the images. I really enjoyed it. The pack is so user friendly, easy to understand, clear and concise.
I like that the school put in personal touches such as a water bottle, a pen and postcards for my child. It was very endearing.
Thanks to all those who contributed."
Silverways School - Supporting children and young people with autism and associated learning needs, enabling them to re-engage positively with education.
Visit the school website and make sure you get in contact with the team to find out more about the fantastic Silverways School offer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 024 6985.