- Residential and Day
- 9 – 17
- SEMH, ASC, ADHD, Attachment Needs and Childhood Trauma
- GCSEs, ASDAN, Entry Levels and Functional Skills qualifications
- Duke of Edinburgh and John Muir Awards
- Clinical Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy
- Specific DBT Therapy pathway lead by the clinical team
- 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' working with local community contacts for children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult.
- Links with R.E.A.L Education (Re-thinking Engagement & Approaches to Learning)
- Wings School Notts prides itself on offering expert support and care to children and young people who have previously found themselves involved with early County Lines activity and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE).
- ‘Step Down to Family Living’ - Which aims to enable young people to move back to family living as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Sleep Right Accreditation.
- Named qualified CEOP Ambassador.
We are an independent therapeutic day and residential school in a small quiet village in Nottinghamshire.
Wings School Notts provide a broad national curriculum with subject specific classrooms and learning spaces for science, history, geography, music, food technology, information technology and horticulture.
Our 'Alternative Offsite Curriculum' allows children and young people who find working in a classroom difficult to reengage in education working alongside local community groups.
Wings School Notts prides itself on offering expert support and care to children and young people who have been previously found themselves involved with early County Lines activity and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE).
The outstanding care provision at Wings Notts is made up of six purpose built homes all personalised by the children living within them. Each home has a lounge, dining room, fully equipped kitchen and a choice of shower or bathrooms. There are outdoor spaces and gardens as well as a fully equipped sports hall. Each young person has a tailored plan which focusses on each area of development including health and emotional well-being, personal safety and protection, education, identity and positive relationships. Independent living skills are also covered with the young people to ensure that they are prepared for future life.
We are proud to be launching a brand new model of care called ‘Step Down to Family Living’, which aims to enable young people to move back to family living as quickly and effectively as possible.
Lead by the Registered Manager, the professional and experienced care team work closely with the young people to build up positive relationships to help them succeed. A nurturing environment and staff team allow the young people to thrive whilst at Wings and not only make great achievements, but gain lifelong experiences and memories along the way.
Here at Wings School Notts we have an onsite multi-disciplinary team of clinical psychology, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, nursing and psychiatry. Our team is highly skilled and have specialist experience working with children in the care system who present with developmental trauma, emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties. A unique aspect of what we offer is our therapeutic and systemic clinical model that is embedded throughout care and school. We work as a team around the child and draw on a range of evidence-based interventions that are tailored to each young person’s individual needs.
The main psychological therapeutic approaches that are drawn on include:
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Brief Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
Find out more about the therapy pathways in our Therapy brochure.
Looking for additional support? Parent Info provides support and advice to parents, with contributions from the leading experts and organisations in matters related to young people and families in a digital world. Click here.