KS2 Teacher – SEMH and ASC
Kedleston Schools Ltd is an independent organisation which owns and operates a group of schools/homes for children with a range of special educational needs. Kedleston’s vision is to become the most respected provider of specialist schooling in the country. We are committed to achieving this by investing in our people, practices and infrastructure.
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Primary Teacher to join our team in Olsen House school. The school caters for children who have complex needs including one or more of SEMH and ASC. These children have struggled in mainstream or alternative education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. Students are all verbal and most are cognitively average to above average. The KS2 Teacher will become part of a team that delivers a personalised curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Due to the needs of our children, experience of teaching ASC and SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
· Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
· Engage and motivate pupils
· Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
· Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
· Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Kedleston and Olsen House handbook
· Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
· Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within Olsen House School. A job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
· Successful SEN class teaching experience
· Experience of working with children with ASC and/or SEMH
· A commitment to ongoing professional development
· An excellent knowledge of how to deliver a specialist curriculum
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
· Competitive salary
· Company Pension Scheme
· The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
· The support to progress in your career
· If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with children then we would love to hear from you.
· Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.