Teaching Assistants / Learning Support Assistants – SEN Specialist
Great Crosby, Liverpool
Salary: £18,137 per annum
Three permanent roles and one fixed term to July 2021
Closing date, 23rd October 2021
We are currently looking to recruit passionate and experienced Teaching Assistants to join our team in Olsen House School, Liverpool. The school supports pupils with social and emotional difficulties, those who need extra support to engage in education and pupils with autism. The Teaching Assistant will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Olsen House our students benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
Person Specification (Essential):
- Evidence of successfully working with young people with autism
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
Olsen House School is part of the Kedleston Group Ltd, which is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and other benefits including contributory pension scheme, comprehensive induction and ongoing training and professional development opportunities, refer-a-friend rewards, perks at work, employee assistance programme, birthday treats, employee of the month awards, cycle to work scheme. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.