Start Date: January 2021
Closing Date: 11 December 2020
Kedleston Group Limited is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Kedleston are opening a brand-new school named Silverways in Enfield. The School will have up to 50 children, age 7 to 17 on roll (ASC/Speech and Language needs/ social, emotional, mental health). It is envisaged that this will initially primarily be KS3 working closely with our Leaways School in Clapton, East London
The Office Manager will provide comprehensive administrative support for the Headteacher and the school, including overall responsibility for HR, finance, premises and the referral process for prospective students.
It is essential that the Office Manager has recent experience within an education setting and an understanding of how Local Authority commissioning works for ASC students in the independent sector would be an advantage.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensure that all relevant HR policies and processes are legally compliant and are kept up to date and distributed where appropriate across the setting;
· Ensure that the HR database is maintained and updated as required.
· Ensure that the Single Central Record and Staff Training Matrix are accurate and kept fully up to date;
· Ensure the provision of administrative support in the recruitment of new staff from the provision of appropriate application forms through to the sending out of offer letters and reference requests;
· Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and that changes in an employee’s terms and conditions, status, etc. are appropriately recorded in line with company policies and procedures;
· Provide a confidential secretarial and comprehensive administrative support service to the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team including managing telephone calls, typing, maintaining general and confidential filing systems, making appointments and maintaining a diary.
· Be a first ‘point of call’ for parents, sharing information as appropriate.
· Overseeing the management for the daily school attendance registers for students and staff.
· Attending School Governance, SLT Meetings and any other meetings and minuting as required.
· In the event of absence of colleagues, providing relevant cover as required.
· Overseeing the management of the ordering of stock and managing of appropriate levels of requirements of school stock.
· Managing and supervising all administration staff, maintenance team, housekeeping team, doing termly supervisions and yearly appraisals.
· Undertaking any other duties requested by the Senior Managers.
· Participating in the safeguarding of all the children and ensuring that School Policy is adhered to.
· Overseeing the management of the monthly payroll returns to the Kedleston Finance team.
· Overseeing and managing of any and all reports; KPIS’s, Termly Referrals report, Incident and Accident reports, Safeguarding reports etc. required to be submitted by company deadlines.
· Managing and overseeing preparation of audits prior to termly Governance meetings. Health and Safety, HR, Safeguarding and First Aid/Medication.
· Managing and overseeing the First Aid and administration of medication procedures of the school as per company policy and government guidelines including the accurate reporting of incident and accidents.
· Managing and overseeing the internal and external up keeping of the school and its environment.
· Ensuring there are systems in place that effectively support all areas of the school‘s day to day activities. (Laptops, stock cupboard, storage etc).
· Supporting, managing and scheduling of yearly Annual Review meetings and Emergency Annual Review meetings, ensuring the paperwork is submitted by the required deadlines to Local Authorities and any actions of meetings communicated to the appropriate professionals.
· Supporting in the management of school finance; Petty cash and Invoices and the monthly reconciliation to the Kedleston Finance team.
· Managing and supervising all administration staff, maintenance team and housekeeping team in their roles, doing termly supervisions and yearly appraisals.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.