FAQ | Parents & Carers | Kedleston Group
Skip to main content

Frequently asked questions

Take a look on the map on 'Our Story'. Click on whichever school you are interested in to find out more information.

To find out about vacancies in our schools and homes please check our vacancies page, give us a call on 0800 0246 985 or referrals@kedlestongroup.com

We support young people with a range of special educational needs and difficulties including social, emotional and mental health needs, social emotional and behavioural difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions, ADHD and other associated communicational difficulties.

We support the young people whose needs cannot be met in mainstream.

We believe in looking at the needs of each individual young person and finding the right educational and residential solution for them.

Take a look at our admissions process for all the information you need.

You will need to let the Local Authority know you are interested in a placement at one of our schools and homes. They may choose to fund the placement. If they don’t there are plenty of agencies who can support you with your application.


Search for SENDIASS for your Local Authority

SENDIASS (formerly known as the Parent Partnership Service) provides a free, impartial and confidential service to parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) aged 0 - 25. We also support children and young people with SEND.Sendiass-Logo


Parent Carer Forums

Are an independent group of parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with special educational needs and disabilities. 



Special Needs Jungle

Special Needs Jungle creates easy to understand resources, articles and information for parents and carers of children with special needs, disabilities and health conditions to better enable them to navigate the special needs system. They aim to inform, educate and empower families to self-advocate confidently, so their children get the help they need to live the best life they can.




PSEA is a registered charity which covers the whole of England, they provide thousands of families each year with independent information, advice and support based on the law.

The IPSEA website has hundreds of free and downloadable resources to help families get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and/or disability.



Young Minds

YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. Driven by their experiences they campaign, research and influence policy and practice. They also provide expert knowledge to professionals, parents and young people through our Parents' Helpline, online resources, training and development, outreach work and publications.


Local Offer

Search for the Local Offer under your Local Authority website

The Local Offer is a way of giving children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers information about what activities and support are available in the area where they live.